INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL “ISIDOR BAJIĆ” NOVI SAD – CHAMBER MUSIC
- The fifth chamber music competition “Festival Isidor Bajić” is open for all kinds of chamber ensembles.
- The organizer of the competition FIB is Music School Isidor Bajić in Novi Sad.
- The competition is held in Music School “Isidor Bajić” in Novi Sad on the 12-13 of May, 2023.
- An ensemble consists of a minimum 2 members and maximum of 9 members, any kind of instrument combination.
- Division of ensembles in categories:
- I category – pupils of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade of elementary music school (6 years of education), pupils of 1st and 2nd grade of elementary music school (4 years of education), pupils of 1st grade of elementary music school (2 years of education)
- II category – pupils of 4th, 5th and 6th grade of elementary music school (6 years of education), pupils of 3rd and 4th grade of elementary music school (4 years of education), pupils of 2nd grade of elementary music school (2 years of education)
- III category – pupils of 1st and 2nd grade of high music school
- IV category – pupils of 3rd and 4th grade of high music school
- V category – students of bachelor, master and PhD studies (to the age of 30)
- Categories, programme and allowed performance time at the competition:
- I category – a piece of applicant’s own choice, performance time maximum 5 minutes
- II category – a piece of applicant’s own choice, performance time maximum 10 minutes
- III category – a piece of applicant’s own choice, performance time maximum 15 minutes
- IV category – minimum two pieces of a different character, performance time maximum 20 minutes.
- V category – minimum two pieces of a different character, performance time maximum 25 minutes.
- Participants are marked by the jury which is consisted of three to five well-established pedagogues from the country and abroad. “Festival Isidor Bajić” names the members of the jury.
- The number of prizes jury will award in each category is not limited.
- Every awarded participant will get a diploma.
- Members of the jury can pronounce one laureate in each category and one laureate of the whole competition.
- The title of laureate can be given only to the participant with the maximum number of 100 points. The jury must be unanimous about this decision.
- Laureates of all categories and some of the winners of the first prize (chosen by the members of the jury) as a prize will get the opportunity to perform at the concert “Young talents” in September 2023, which is part of the international Chamber music festival in Novi Sad (www.festivalkamernemuzike.com).
- The „Isidora Žebeljan“ award for the best performance of a composition by Isidore Žebeljan is awarded for the first time at the Fifth Chamber Music Competition „Festival Isidor Bajić“ in 2023. The prize is awarded by the organizing committee of the „Isidora Žebeljan“ International Festival. The monetary amount of the prize is 100 euros. The list of compositions and links to download sheet music can be found on the website www.fibns.com.
- The members of the jury can unanimously pronounce the most successful teacher of the festival, who will receive a cash prize of 85 euros.
SCORING OF THE PARTICIPANTS
- Scoring of the participants is administrated by adding points from scoring lists and calculating the average number of points. The number of points which is necessary for the appropriate prize is:
- first prize – from 90 to 100 points
- second prize – from 80 to 89,99 points
- third prize – from 70 to 79,99 points
- acclaim – from 60 to 69,99 points
- Application documents required to submit are:
- completed online application form
- photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate or a photocopy of the applicant’s passport (scanned copy)
- remittance slip as proof of Application Donation payment (scanned copy)
- The application for the competition is from 15th of April to 1st of May 2023, solely in electronic form on the festival’s website www.fibns.com.
- Donation for participating in the festival is 20 euros per ensemble member.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAYING THE DONATION
- For the participants from Serbia:
The payment slip must be filled as follows:
- Payer: name and surname, participant’s address (one member of the ensemble)
- Payment purpose: FIB donation-chamber music, for name of the ensemble
- Payee: Association Novi Sad Wind Quintet, Miše Dimitrijevića 62, Novi Sad
- Payee’s account: 170-30016278000-29
- Reference number: 12-05-20223.
- In case that the donation is not paid by member of the ensemble but another person, it is obligatory to put the name of the ensemble on the payment slip in the part payment purpose: FIB donation-chamber music, for name of the ensemble.
- On the payment slip, chamber music ensembles pay collective amount for the donation (this means collection of all members of the ensemble, for example, four members of the ensemble pay 80 euros).
- Participants from abroad:
Contact the organizer on the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get information and instruction on how to pay the donation.
- When paying the donation in a bank or post office, please note that the whole amount of the donation is transferred to the competition’s account. Commission fees are paid by the participant who is paying the donation.
- In the case of cancelling participation, donation and documents will not be returned.
TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL TERMS
- Festival is conducted according to the Festival’s rulebook. The rulebook is made by the Organizational board of the Festival.
- The organizer of the festival names Organizational board of the festival, which organizes and actualizes the Festival.
- The order of playing will be determined by drawing a letter and the competitors whose last name begins with the drawn letter will perform first and further it will proceed according to the alphabetical order of the participants’ surnames.
- The performance order and schedule of participants in all categories will be posted at the competition’s website www.fibns.com , seven days prior to the opening of the competition. Participants have to get information about the performance order and schedule of the competition by themselves.
- Competitors are required to register with the Secretariat of the Competition no later than two hours before the scheduled beginning of the category in which they intend to compete. Secretariat of the Competition is in the Music School “Isidor Bajić”, Bulevar cara Lazara 67 and competitors have to show the appropriate document for identification.
- Radio stations, local television stations and press will follow the competition. Competitors’ performances will be recorded with high-quality equipment.
- The organizer holds the rights to publish audiovisual material. Competitors waive copyright or any other right related to using audio and video material which has been made during their performance or any other event related to the competition. The organizer holds the rights to publish audio and/or video recording on CD, DVD and the internet.
- Competitors bear the expenses of the competition (hotel, travel costs and similar).
- The organizer does not bear responsibility in case of possible injuries of the participant and damage of the equipment used by the participants during the competition. By participating in the competition, competitor or his/her guardian accept the rules which are stated in these terms.
- In the events of an insufficient number of competitors in a category, the organizer holds the right to cancel the competition in that category. In that case, all the competitors from the category will be informed seven days prior to the beginning of the competition and the donation money will be fully returned.
- The organizer of the Festival “Isidor Bajić” has the right to change terms.
- For any further information contact us: